Introduction

Hello all! My name is Darby B and I am graduating at the end of this summer (hopefully) with a major in Environmental Studies as well as a minor in Anthropology from the University of Cincinnati.

 As a lover for all, it is very difficult to choose a favorite species as my mind seems to pick a new one every day. However, for the time being, my favorite animal is probably any large cat, specifically a panther if I must choose. I saw a black panther (confined) the last time I was in Dallas and I was in complete awe to say the very least. It was the most beautiful animal I have ever seen, and I’ve seen a bunch of them!

 My favorite plant at the moment would have to be bleeding hearts. I am actually thinking they might be my next tattoo investment! 

 

  If I have learned anything the last four years as an EVST student, I have come to be quite familiar with the concept of conservation. Wildlife conservation is crucial because without those species, humans will not survive either.  I believe all living things have intrinsic value and that we have a responsibility to take care of it and all it entails to the best of our ability. We are the ones that are damaging these ecosys
tems so its the least we can do, right?


Comments